If you’ve been struggling with your fitness levels for any reason, whether it be ill-health, a fall, joint problems or simply a sedentary lifestyle which has left you struggling, Nordic Wellbeing, developed by Nordic Walking UK, takes you on a enjoyable journey towards improved health. This gentle programme of exercise encourages a level of fitness which is sufficient to allow you to tackle life’s everyday tasks with confidence, as well as to enjoy taking on new activities which enhance the quality of your life.
We combine gentle fitness walks with strength, balance and relaxation exercises to create a class in which you can feel confident you won’t be left behind. We understand that you may have mobility difficulties, or lack confidence after an illness, so we’ve designed this programme with your needs at the forefront of our minds.
What is Wellbeing?
NWUK Wellbeing describes a range of different kinds of physical and psychological fitness, all of which are necessary to enable us to take full advantage of everything life has to offer. The areas that we concentrate on in this programme include:
- Cardiovascular Fitness – Being able to get up the stairs or a hill without getting out of breath, or to go walking with friends and family and being able to keep up and enjoy it.
- Muscular Strength – To be able to take on tasks without injury or strain e.g. DIY, gardening or playing with the kids.
- Posture – improved posture to reduce strain on joints and muscular system.
- Balance/Reaction – Reduced likelihood of falls in later life.
- Flexibility – Improved range of movement to reduce joint pain and stiffness.
- Relaxation – Improved mood and being better equipped to deal with stress.
If you think this programme could help you get back in shape for life and “add life to your years”, call us to book your free taster session today. You don’t need any special equipment other than a good pair of walking shoes or boots and protection against our changeable climate.
We’d love to have you join us!
If you’ve already been through training and are looking for a list of Wellbeing classes, please visit here